Physical Education Substitution
Liberty Hill Independent School District (Liberty Hill ISD) allows private or commercial physical education substitutions at Liberty Hill Middle School and High School. The application is posted in the links on the left side of this website. It must be printed, signed, and submitted, along with required documentation, by a parent/guardian. Applications for agencies that wish to participate as an Off Campus PE Facility must submit their applications for review no later than the last day of April.
If you have questions regarding your application or the process, please contact Sarina Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Student applications must be received by the first day of school.
There are two categories:
Category 1 (Olympic/National Level Only): To qualify as a category 1, students must have documentation of Olympic standing or national athletic status or rank. Students are to be supervised for a minimum of 15 hours of highly intensive professional training per week. The training facility, instructors, and activities involved in the program must be certified by the superintendent to be of exceptional quality, capable of training national athletes and/or Olympic-level athletes. Students qualifying and participating at this level can be dismissed from school no more than one period per day and cannot miss any class other than physical education.
Category 2: This category requires at least 5 hours of supervised, physical training per week. The training facility, instructors, and activities involved in the program must be certified by the superintendent to be of high quality. Students who participate are not dismissed from any part of the school day.
Programs must be certified by the Superintendent and presented to the School Board and Texas Education Agency.
The parent/guardian must:
- complete the parent form;
- collect the completed agency form and training plan;
- submit all documentation for approval;
- provide transportation to and from the physical activity program;
- ensure that a log of hours, signed by the trainer/coach, is submitted to the counselor before the end of each semester; and
- submit updated forms if there are changes regarding the agency, trainer/coach, or training plan.
The agency providing the training must:
- indicate the training facility/program type (Category 1 or 2);
- provide evidence supporting the quality of the training facility/program;
- provide evidence supporting the qualifications of the trainer/coach;
- indicate whether the student will keep a log of hours or if the agency will provide a log of hours for the trainer/coach to sign; and
- complete updated forms for the parent to submit to the school if there are changes regarding the agency or trainer/coach.
The trainer/coach must:
- provide student training information (Category 1: documentation of Olympic or national participation/competition and a training schedule, Category 2: a training schedule);
- provide student training as approved for PE substitution;
- sign a log of student activity hours to be submitted to the counselor before the end of each semester; and
- complete updated forms for the parent to submit to the school if there are changes regarding the training plan.
Applications will be reviewed before the upcoming school year for appropriate student scheduling.