Pre-K Enrollment Qualifications
Liberty Hill Independent School District offers a full day pre-kindergarten program at each of our elementary campuses for qualifying students. Determine which elementary campus your in-district student will attend.
New student enrollment is initiated through Registration Gateway portal linked below. Liberty Hill Independent School District does not offer a tuition-based pre-kindergarten program.
Determine if your child is eligible for pre-kindergarten. Enrollment is available for children who will be age 4, on or before September 1, 2018, AND who meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements set forth by the Texas Education Agency (TEA):
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- is educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program;
- is homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child;
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code;
- is a child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code;
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
Upon completion of the online enrollment, please gather the documentation listed below and visit the Liberty Hill Independent School District Administration Office to complete your student's enrollment. Our office is located at 301 Forrest Street, Liberty Hill, TX 78642. Customers will be served during the hours of 8:00am until 3:00pm (Monday - Friday). Campuses are not able to enroll new students.
- Complete Immunization Record by a licensed physician,
- student Social Security card,
- original student Birth Certificate (NO PHOTOCOPIES ALLOWED),
- valid photo identification of a parent/guardian(s),
- current proof of residence (see valid options),
- proof of income (one month's worth of current pay stub/pay statement or letter from employer stating gross wages paid and how often they are paid), SNAP, TANF benefits letter, or Medicaid approval letter). Visit the TEA website for additional information.
Presenting a false record or falsifying records is an offense under Section 37.10, Penal code, and enrollment of the child under false documents subjects the person to liability for tuition or other costs. TEC Sec. 25.002(3)(d).