The purpose of the LHISD Technology Department is to support instruction and to help students excel by working as a team to provide a stable infrastructure and to effectively integrate technology in the classroom.
We provide our teachers and students with the tools they need to learn and grow by delivering quality services, implementing innovative solutions, and ensuring a commitment to excellence.
The following teams work collaboratively to support the technologies used by students, teachers, administrators and other district stakeholders:
Help Desk & Technical Support
- Responsible for providing district-wide help desk services and for supporting desktop applications and facilitating the repair of tech equipment for students and staff. Troubleshoots district AV equipment and other technologies used throughout the district.
- Responsible for maintaining the district’s wireless and wired computing networks, WAN and internet connectivity, telephone systems, access control systems, web content filtering, and bells/clocks/PA systems.
- Also maintains the district’s virtual server and storage environment. Manages data backups, systems deployment, systems configuration, and the district’s cybersecurity program.
- Responsible for collecting, connecting, and reporting on data from the multitude of sources that the district maintains. Every system in the district has data and this teams brings it all together to ensure accurate reporting to the State and Federal agencies and provide visibility and functionality for staff, students, parents, and the community.
- Responsible for purchasing technology equipment and supplies, maintaining the budget and tracking expenditures, coordinating technology preparation and deployment, and inventory management.